How much more money would you be making if the traffic to your web site would double or even Tripled? Would it increase by 10-times? What if this new traffic would be from highly qualified prospects who were actively looking for exactly what you’re selling, as direct marketing as it gets? When less than 10% of companies optimize their webs, and of those only 10 to 15% do it right you have everything to win and nothing to lose.
Here are three good but very basic tactics you can use to get high rankings in search engine results:
- Choose your CMS with care, be it Frontpage WYSIWG type editor or some fancy Content Management System. Just remember it has to return your investment.
- Layout and Architect your web with your final goals in mind, put some thought in to it or get professionals to do it.
- Optimize your site so it naturally appears more relevant for the keywords related to your business. Be careful not to go over the line.
- Buy paid placements that guarantee your pages will be listed in targeted search results.
- Try to get links from webs that work in or around the same industry as you.
- Get listed on all of the major Directories like Yahoo, Dmoz and Joe Ant to mention few.
- Track your status by searching for your keywords on a regular basis and get statistics on your site by using a counter.
- Web Analytics – Know your visitors and their behaviour, use professional web analytics tools.
Remember it’s NOT enough to open a web and hope for the best and and it’s not enough to add META tags and do search engine submission of your site to thousands of search engines and directories. Nobe that will mount to nothing and I would rather reccommend a good movie and popcorn to go with it.
What do you need to know about your visitors?
How can you use the Internet to market successfully when you do not know who is visiting your site? How long they are staying? Where they are going or where they came from? You need to know at least this when using the web as a marketing tool.