Since last summer, Google has changed its algorithm so that search results now automatically include relevant local results. For many businesses this is an important feature that can increase the amount of visitors to their web site and also the overall awareness of their website without paying for it.
If your services or products are listed on Google Map, your businesses offers, that are relevant to a special area of searched keyword, will be listed on page one above the first regular result. People will also see the exact address of you businesses and users’ reviews about your products and services.To get listed on Google Maps you need to submit your website to Google Maps through Google’s Local Business Centre. You can do this by logging into your Google account and going to “Add New Listing” and entering your company information on “Add New Listing”.
To be listed at the top of the list, you have to optimize your entry but there are several things you can add do to make your listing “stand out” on Google Maps.
The more information you provide about your company the better listing you get, don’t exaggerate to avoid spam Google.
– Essential keywords in your description.
– Opening hours, payment types, etc.
– Select the best possible category for your website
– If possible include images and videos to help your listing stand out.
The more local directories list your website, the better.
– Submit your website to other local directories, you can get higher on the list with good position in online yellow pages.
Optimize your site for local content.
– Add your city and state name in your web page title.
– Use local meta tags to tell search engines the location of your website.
Encourage your website visitors to write positive reviews about your company on Google Maps.
– More stars can place your site higher
Follow above tips to get a good listing in Google Maps and increase the number of visitors to your website. Do not spam Google and describe your business without exaggeration. Include keywords in your company description but don’t overdo it.